Tuesday, November 13, 2007

ten tiny changes

I’m in Border’s with Dave and trying to decide if I should splurge on a gooey melty cheesy sandwich for dinner. I mean, I probably shouldn’t, but Dave is eating a sandwich now and it smells good. I’m flipping through “The Artist’s Way” by Julie Cameron. Purchasing it was supposed to be my reward for getting to 10K words (just did) but of course I’m second-guessing myself now, trying to make sure it’s worth my fifteen dollars.

I like her idea of morning papers, writing down 3 pages of plain ol’ stream-of-consciousness every day. She also has an exercise called Ten Tiny Changes whereby she asks you to list ten changes you’d like to make for yourself.

I’d like to

1. Train for and run another marathon, and another after that
2. Become, once and for all, a Morning Person, or at least wake up when my alarm clock goes off
3. Buy some matching bra-and-underwear sets
4. Keep my room clean for more than a couple days
5. Write every day
6. Learn Spanish and Portuguese
7. Good posture
8. Do my laundry more often
9. Remember to use eye cream
10. Learn how not to care what others think about me

No comments: